Followers

Monday, January 30, 2017

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee





Across my country, from east to west and from north to south, Canadian flags flew at half mast today in honour of the six men needlessly murdered in Quebec City. They were gathered with others in their mosque when a young man, another Canadian, shot several of them, killing six of them, and wounding others, at random, during their time of prayer.

There is no logic in this. There is no understandable reason for this.

I can only send out as much love, of which I have much to offer, and understanding, of which I have none...as much as I can, to the families and friends of the victims.

I am sharing this with Our World Tuesday


8 comments:

Kay said...

We are living in a crazy time of fear, prejudice, madness.

Red said...

Well said. It's hard to understand why somebody would hate so much that they would go out and kill people.

Mara said...

Completely incomprehensible. So sorry.

Janice said...

Being a US citizen it saddens me even more that the madness of the language of our current leaders reaches across borders.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So terribly sad. This is a great tribute -- I think ... no, I know .... that our (US) politics have contributed to this hate and hatefulness and I can't tell you how sorry I am and how terrible I feel and how worried I am. It's a given that we will have more of this during the next four years. I am sad.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Thank you for your kind comment. I am just heart broken over what is happening in our country and sickened and angry at the same time. I don't know how we let this happen, but we are surely going to pay a price for the damage being done to our values and our constitution.

My heart goes out to the families in Quebec and to all of the Muslim families who are living in fear with out cause. Hopefully there are enough people like you around who can speak for them and end this.

Also love your Lindy ... she is a sweet dog and lucky to have a happy home. Hope to see more of you in the future ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This was a very tragic event and one that is sadly happening too often. There seems to be so much hatred and division in the world right now and also too many people with mental health problems that have access to guns. Prayers for the families of those killed.

photodoug said...

It would appear that civility and kindness have left the planet.