Followers

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Reflections on the Main aren't mine

Our river cruise in November of 2012 included the Rhine and Danube Rivers and, in between them, the River Main (rhymes with Rhine).
These photos in the Main valley city of Wurzburg were taken by my husband on a shore excursion which I missed because I was coughing instead of breathing properly.
The photos reflect a great many things about the city as citizens and tourists prepare for Christmas. I think my favorite is the last one, with points of light reflecting off two polished stone cats on the street.
Richard Schear photos
Posted for
Weekend Reflections
hosted by James. Thanks, James, wherever you are!








5 comments:

Kay said...

Thank you for these fun photos, Kay. We've never seen the Danube so it was great to see these photos.

Viera said...

Beautiful collection of reflections during your adventurous travel to the city of Wurzburg...The photos really reflect the pleasing atmosphere... Nicely done...i love the Alte Mainmuhle...

Joyful said...

Beautiful photos. I'm sure you had a wonderful trip!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I'm with you, that last one wins... but the first one takes me back to my trips there in the early 1970s so it wins on nostalgia basis!! YAM xx

James said...

I really like seeing these photos of Germany. The reflections are bonuses. :-)