Followers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

J - Couldn't find Jabberwocky but one came


Inspired by Donna quoting Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky" (which I love) with the letter "J" for ABC Wednesday, I wanted to post pictures of people with the initial J doing something silly, or Jabberwockyish.
Looked all through my iPhoto files. No luck.
Then, in an e-mail today from my sister-in-law Maria, there was a picture of our young nephew, whose name starts with J, being silly on a recent fishing trip with his dad, uncles and cousins. He must be sitting on the ground, because the chair behind him is empty, and his hat... well, I know he did that deliberately.
Also found, in my "J" folder, two pictures taken in either Spain or Portugal, with no identification on them beyond my husband's favorite classification "Pictures to Edit" which means "pictures to give to Kay to edit"! I don't know where they were taken or why I filed them under "J"! So either my husband is silly for not identifying his photos, or I am silly for letting him get away with it.
One of us is very Jabberwockyish. Sigh.

Photo of J___ by Clint Davies. Posted by Kay Davies for


15 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a fun post for the J Day! I love it! Kids are the best! Your personal Jabberwocky is way cool! Hope your week is going well, Kay!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

Clever idea for J! Thanks for your visit!

Carver said...

Great take on the theme and I love the photo of your nephew.

LisaF said...

Jabberwockyish...I love it! Thanks for popping over to my place to see my Jabberwocky post. Your nephew does look like he's having fun.

The Chair Speaks said...

Never knew a cap could be worn this way! LOL!

dianasfaria.com said...

aww, your nephew looks like lots of fun.
nice job for today's letter J, Miss Kay!

Ebie said...

J is a fun and funny kid! what a joy~!

Boom Nisanart said...

LOL love his little eyes on the cap : )

Gattina said...

Lol, that's a funny picture !

Cezar and Léia said...

Amazing idea, your nephew looks be a nice boy and very positive.This picture is funny and beautiful!
hugs
Léia

Cheryl said...

He's so cute! At first I thought he had underoos on his head. The cap works too.

Mara said...

So, where are the jabberwockyish photos for you to edit? I was expecting to see them as well.

Kay L. Davies said...

Mara -- They're very lovely photos of, I have figured out, somewhere in Portugal where Dick went and I didn't. When we're on a cruise, he takes the longer shore excursions while I take a shorter one, because he's big and strong and healthy and has more energy than I have. However, he doesn't remember where he was!!

jabblog said...

J has a sense of the ridiculous - I hope it never leaves him ;-)
Shame about the photos - get your husband to use a dictaphone . . . ;-)

EG CameraGirl said...

Very timely and jabberwocky! :)