Followers

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Today's photo:


LA SAGRADA FAMILIA
Probably the most famous unfinished church in the world is Barcelona's Sagrada Familia, designed by Spain's famous architect Antoni Gaudi, started but far from completed when he died. Funds have continued to dwindle in over the last hundred years to pay for construction work on the building, so a bit of work gets done now and then, here and there.
No matter how many photos my husband took, it was very difficult to get one without scaffolding in it somewhere.
Photo by Richard Schear

2 comments:

Penelope Notes said...

I enlarged this very interesting photo, Kay. Strange how the scaffolding seems integrated, almost as art, into the architectural design of the church.

Kay L. Davies said...

I never thought of it that way, Penelope. Interesting idea. I think I'll post a few more photos of La Sagrada Familia so we can test your theory.