Followers

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Helpful information found

This is my second Our World post for this week, because I wanted to share what I'd found. I typed miles of information, all of which looked awful on my page preview: it looked like I'd clipped it and pasted it onto my page, with all the type on white strips. Plug ugly, so I deleted it. That didn't help, so here it is, white strips and all.

So I'll keep it brief because the cut-and-paste look hasn't gone away. It's still good information, although probably not complete, because I'm no expert.

This morning while toying with the idea of  doing a bit of gardening, I came up with extensive information about plants that are poisonous to pets.

Our little terrier-cross is pretty much omnivorous...she'll eat anything that isn't nailed down, so I did a bit of research, and it turned into a lot of research, none of which would show up properly on my page here, according to the preview button.

There are a great many things that are poisonous to pets, so I'm just going to list some of them and include a helpful link.

Autumn Crocus

Azalea

Cyclamen

Kalanchoe

Lilies

Oleander

Dieffenbachia

Daffodils

Lily of the Valley

Sago Palm

Tulips and Hyacinths

More information can be found at
Pet Poison Helpline
(A 24-hour animal poison control service available in the US, Canada and the Caribbean.)

Sharing with Our World Tuesday

7 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...I'm just grateful angel Jade was never a lover of chomping on anything other than what got handed to her! YAM xx

Powell River Books said...

Daffodils sure aren't poisonous to mice. They have really thinned out my bulbs in the float garden. But I guess they don't qualify as pets, at least the wild kind. - Margy

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Thanks Kay. I might have some cyclamen in a pot in the back. Molly seems to stay away from it, still I think I'll put it where she can't reach it.

Nora said...

Oh that was very helpful info about the plants, thanks so much. As always wonderful info and very uplifting to come to see your blog. Thanks so much for being a friend to me and my blog and thanks for your comments on my blog. I try to do a few comments back each day but I am far behind!

Lady Fi said...

Very helpful. .Luckily our dogs are more concerned with eating the fruit from the trees and not the flowers.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, thanks for the information. We want to keep our pets safe.

Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Phil Slade said...

Hi again Kay. That is a very useful list with information not well known by pet owners who let their pets wander. Over here we have a problem with slug pellets that kill slugs but also wild birds and are just left lying around gardens. Very irresponsible. Hope you are both keeping well, especially now that spring is here.

XX from Me and Sue.