Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I'm almost as old as Whistler's mother, so...

...my husband took all the Whistler photos during a brief walk-around.

Whistler, British Columbia was the site of the 2010 Winter Olympics. There are so many sights to see there that a drive-by visit is not enough at all.
Here are a few photos of the town, near the information centre where Lindy and I waited comfortably in the car. (More about that car coming soon.)



Clouds hung low over the mountain peaks, but it was a nice day down below, as you can see with this young lady walking her Bernese Mountain Dogs.
"Mountain Dogs" and ski hills? A coincidence? I can't help but wonder if they're rescue dogs.



Photos by Richard Schear, 2016
Connecting with Our World Tuesday. A tiny bit late.


4 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Gorgeous......and I knew a lady in OZ who bred Bernese MDs.... oh I soooooooo wanted one those puppies, but it was never to be. Then Jade and I found each other and the rest is history!!! YAM xx

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Beautiful photos! Beautiful dogs, too!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh the Mountains! Beautiful Mountains. I remember mountains -- and am ready for this season in FlatLand Florida to be over with so that we can travel to where they exist.

Powell River Books said...

We are taking our quads on a trailer to Whistle in mid-June. We have great riding here in Powell River but we wanted to try something different. We'll be camping at a place that allows ATVs and has a bridge across a river so we can get to the trails. Should be fun. We'll probably unhitch the trailer and take the truck to Whistler for dinner one night. I was there one in the early 1970s but never again. - Margy