Followers

Monday, May 2, 2016

Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes.

A week ago, I posted a photo of snow on my ornamental crabapple tree. Now we are headed for a heat wave.
I'm going to have to remember to do some watering, too, because rainfall levels in Alberta are well below the norm.
But first, I'll have to fill Lindy's pool, so she'll have a place to cool off if I'm not home to let her into the house.
I don't have any "today" photos of Lindy, and you'll never guess why. There's an old expression about people being so ugly they'd break the camera if they were being photographed.
Well, I got my hair done and decided to take a "selfie" of myself with my new cell phone, which is also my only operable camera.
So I got the selfie, but my phone/camera died, immediately thereafter.
True fact.
Posting for Our World Tuesday, to show Lindy's world, and mine.

When Lindy was younger, she'd jump into her pool, leash and all. But last year, old and blind and less inclined to play, she didn't look quite as happy.


13 comments:

Penelope Postcards said...

I like that shot of you … and those glasses look pretty cool and youthful. Although Lindy might not say so, I have no doubt she always loves resting in a cool pool of water during a heat wave.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh what a dear sweet dog and love her in the little pool!

Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Bwhaha - oh nonsense, it just wanted to take a rest is all... your hair is very pretty - as is Lindy!!! YAM xx

Holly Myers said...

Nothing like a golden retriever!

Jenn Jilks said...

The poor girl! And you poor camera! You are so fun! xx

Anonymous said...

Lindy looks so sweet in her pool!

rupam sarma said...

Lovely pics :)

Jo said...

I love your look, Kay! And of course, Lindy tugs at my heartstrings - especially the more recent photo of her in the green pool. Dear sweet Lindy. Hug her for me, please.

jabblog said...

You made me laugh - but I like your photograph.

Lindy is growing old gracefully, a lesson many so-called celebrities could learn.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh Kay, that phone was on the blink there's no way it was the selfie, you look gorgeous, love the hairdo! Apart from the snow you could be describing Perth weather :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Sounds like Spring is a little tardy in your neck of the woods. (We have passed it and it is already summer here in SW Florida.) That picture of you is for sure way too cute to have broken the camera

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Molto dolce Lindy :)

Leslie said...

Well I think you look gorgeous! (Love the glasses, too!)