Followers

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Mixed-up spring time in Alberta

Our ancient ornamental crabapple tree, which the deer love so much in winter because it provides them with food, is outdoing itself this year.
The leaves are still trying to form, but that hasn't stopped the buds from budding and the blooms from blooming.



Kay Davies photos. April, 2012.


And all the while being watched, guardedly, by our neighbours' young golden spaniel, who isn't sure if she wants to make friends with me or not. We know she sees Lindy when she's outside, but Lindy can't see her, and can seldom be bothered returning her greeting (warning?) bark for bark, although we occasionally hear one deep woof from our side of the fence, and quiet descends upon the other side.
All is well.
We haven't been getting much rain, however, so today I watered the Ornamental Crabapple, and a few other trees. The forecast says we might have rain next week.

4 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
What a pretty pink!!! Young dogs are ever curious and I am sure it is a 'won't you come play?' bark - at which Lindy is likely to be thinking 'no thanks'! Having recently had visitation with toddlers myself (after any long years) it was amazing how exhausted I got from just that two hours!!! That's when one really starts to feel old... YAM xx

Sherry Blue Sky said...

What a beautiful tree, Kay. Dear Lindy, I know how she feels, too tired to be bothered much by a young whipper-snapper, though she will give a woof once in a while, just on general principles of keeping the hierarchy in place. LOL. Nice to see you posting, Kay.

Jenn Jilks said...

We've been waiting for some rain, too! I'm happy to enjoy your tree. I miss my cherry tree. I'm waiting for my apple trees to bloom. Bambi didn't trim the too, too much!!! hugs!

Mara said...

I am waiting for my apple tree to start blooming, but the buds are still so tiny! It will take ages yet.