Followers

Monday, December 15, 2014

Returning to Our World Tuesday

I've been a long time gone, as I mentioned in a comment to our birding friend Phil in England, but I hope I'm back to contribute some days of my life to Our World Tuesday.
Today I'm ignoring the snow outside and sharing some photos from a summertime dog picnic. That's right. In the summer, Dick and Lindy and I attended a dogs' picnic party hosted by SOS Senior Dog Rescue. We adopted Lindy from SOS some five years ago, and we're not sure about her age, but we definitely know she is a senior dog these days.
I was concerned about her meeting other dogs now that she has lost her eyesight, but she had a wonderful time.

She enjoyed meeting other Golden Retrievers, shown here with their owners giving them instructions...

Lindy, of course, was the curliest, but the second dog from the left has some curls, also.

As it was a hot summer day, she was delighted to find one of the wading pools the SOS volunteers had placed around Kin Coulee Park for the dogs.

Mmm, this is good...

But not as good as sneaking behind the barbecue table to get a special treat...


A wonderful time was had by all.

Posted for

10 comments:

Powell River Books said...

Too much fun. Lindy only gets cuter with age. Love the picture of her looking up with adoring eyes from the pool. Welcome back. - Margy

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Lindy is like Jas - Where the Weiners Are is where she wants to be. Hee hee. Her face is adorable in the pool - feels sooooo good!!!!! How wonderful that they have a picnic for dogs. I love that idea. I might have to steal it. We have three already right here - just need to make a couple of calls, LOL.

NCSue said...

The dogs look like they've had a wonderful time!
Golden retrievers are such gentle, friendly fellas.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh that brought smiles and warming of the cockles!!! Lindy's smile in that water is precious... YAM xx

Phil Slade said...

Hello Kay and Richard. It's good to hear from you again and yes, I thought that you were on one of your long journeys again. Anyway, welcome back to Blogland and all Best Wishes for the coming weeks

Cathy said...

Although I'm not a 'dog person' there is something about Golden Retrievers that makes you want to be near them. They don't seem to have a bad bone in their body.
Thanks for sharing what looked like a fun day int he park
Cathy

Kay L. Davies said...

@ Cathy...
I know what you mean about Golden Retrievers. I've had many dogs, but wanted a Golden for a long time. My husband didn't understand why...until we adopted Lindy from SOS. It was love at first sight, for both of them.
K

Kay said...

I love seeing you again, Kay. And yes, I do believe Lindy is the prettiest dog there.

Jenn Jilks said...

She's a lucky doggie and you're a lucky dog mommy!

Mr Puddy said...

Lindy , you have a really good time :)

To you and your family,

May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter and goodwill, And may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy.


MEOWRY CHRISTMAS 2014 !!!

THANKS FOR THE BEST FRIENDSHIP

LOTS OF LOVE
❤ ❤ ❤

PUDDY