Followers

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Lindy's mom tries to do it herself

I'm sure glad Lindy has been holding the fort for me. I kept looking and looking at my blog and there weren't any new comments. Suddenly, in the middle of the night (or early morning, it is 3:30am) I realized it was my own fault. Of course, I didn't blame Lindy. I found 35 comments, and only one was spam, so now 34 have been posted.
Sigh.
Thanks for being there, my friends.

I'm here because it is time for Fireblossom's Flash 55 at The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, where I used to enjoy writing poetry. The following bit of doggerel (all mine, not the dog's) came to me just after 3am, and it has 55 words.
Thanks to my friend Hedgewitch for reminding me about The Garden.

not last night, but the night before
twenty-four robbers came to my door
and one of them said “roll over, roll over”
they all rolled over and one fell out
twenty-three at my door
I don’t know what for
then one of them said
“are we really all dead?”
and I woke up

                                Kay L. Davies, August 3, 2014


21 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Lovely to hear from you and Lindy, Kay. Your humour and presence has been missed in the Garden.

brudberg said...

Good that the robbers were as stupid as that.. Still it's good to wake up.

Fireblossom said...

Late last night and the night before/ little robbers knocking at my door...

Jumprope with me, Kay? Lindy can bark at us while we do. :-)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Eeekk - no wonder you don't sleep! Heheheh, fun and quirky and full of imagination. Love it! Hugs to you AND 'the dog'. YAM xx

Susan said...

I am very happy you woke up, my friend. Good to enjoy your fine humor again.

Kay L. Davies said...

Thanks, Kerry, Bjorn, Shay, Yam and Susan. You can be sure I'll visit the Garden again, no matter the time of day or night, if inspiration strikes.
Luv, K

Other Mary said...

Hi Kay! Sounds like a good time to wake up! And if you can't sleep isn't it good to be able to write? And give Lindy a scratch behind the ears for me.

Unknown said...

time always seems to speed by ... such a thought provoking dream!! :)

hedgewitch said...

Kay, you've been getting into my dream-stuff again. I warned you. ;_) Glad Lindy is taking care of the blogging for you.

Helen said...

Hello Lindy's Mom .... I miss you bunches. Don't stay away too long. Woof Woof.

Maude Lynn said...

So good to hear from you, Kay!

Carola Bartz said...

What are you doing at 3:30 in the morning on your computer? Sounds like insomnia. I feel with you...

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yes, your humor is missed.......so nice to read this. I'm still grinning. Kay Davies Solves Crime by teaching robbers to roll over! Gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

in Texas, yes, they'd be all dead. Canada, I'm not so sure. did they ask for maple pancakes? ~

Marian said...

i love this, clever Kay!!!!! and you. also. woof to Lindy. xo

Jenn Jilks said...

You are so much fun. I'm deeply grateful to know you!

Anonymous said...

Lindy always makes me smile. I love seeing pics of her. :) Your poem got a laugh out of me. Thanks for sharing!

jabblog said...

Tee hee - I like it:-)

Kay said...

I always forget that my older posts have comments that have to be moderated or accepted or whatever before it can be posted. I forget to check sometimes.

Powell River Books said...

Lindy did good work in your absence. That said, glad to have you back. - Margy

Jim said...

Funnneee, Kay. I knew you had to do something to make it fit 55, waking up from a dream worked well for you. I would have liked to been told 22 and 21 robbers. :)
..