Followers

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Hello world, it's Lindy again, with new news

Maybe you can tell this is me...or at least the curliest part of me. I'm lying on the floor in this picture, not suspecting my mom is taking photos of my backside. And that's my new rug, to lie on when the floor is a bit chilly. You can see a bit of my mom's recliner on the right.

This is my dad's new lamp, beside his new window, behind his old recliner. People can look out this window to see our back yard, where I'm usually sleeping under a tree.

Here you can see rain on the front window. Yes, our neighbourhood is so green because the Canadian prairie is getting a lot of rain. My mom calls it "unseasonable" but I don't think that's a real word. Dogs don't use words like that. The wall isn't really black the way it looks here. Mom said something about the flash not going off because of light from the window. Some things dogs don't understand, but I know one thing: I don't like the flash when it does work.

This is the new little red table for phones and the answering machine. The answering machine has a funny voice because it isn't my dad and it isn't my mom. They say it's a computer voice but I don't really believe that. You can see the nice grey walls, and the white trim on the side of the doorway but not below it yet. We're going to have new floor in the hall, too. My mom says the old floor is "plug ugly" but I like it, because my food and water dishes are in the hall.

There will be two of these black stools in the living room, by the table with my dad's chess set, so someone can play with him. I will play with him, but I don't know chess.
Right now you can see the newly-painted wall and the nice new floor which is cool on hot days. My mom says you can also see that the baseboards haven't been done yet but I don't know what a baseboard is.

My mom says to tell you the living room ren-oh (that's short for renovation) has been keeping her busy, but that's not all. I know she went to British Columbia to see her friends and her brothers, and my cousins, too, and now she is very tired because travel is difficult for her.

Also, she says she is trying to get back to writing poetry, and she's thinking about posting more travel photos. I hope she does it soon, because it is extremely difficult for a Golden Retriever to use a keyboard without making all kinds of mistakes.
                             Lots of dog hugs, Lindy

P.S. I forgot to share these pictures of my cat cousins. Mom stayed with them when she was in Langley, B.C.
My new cat-cousin, named Sochi.

My first cat-cousin, Bailey.

I like this picture of Bailey when he was a kitten. Lucky cat to get into a refrigerator! I try and try to get into the fridge in our house but my mom and dad don't let me. I lie down in front of it when they're cooking, but they always push me away. Sigh.

Posted for Pet Pride
hosted by Bozo and his family
at their Pets Forever blog in Mumbai, India. Thanks, Bozo!

16 comments:

Joyful said...

Hi Lindy, my you have done a great job of showing and telling us about the living room re-nohs. I think your mom will appreciate not having to do it herself. Everything is looking good. You have pretty cousins in BC. I'm glad to hear your momma is resting after a long journey. Tell her I said "hello" and since you can't really hug, give her a lick. Take care and I hope it stops raining soon so you can lay under the tree outside again soon.

Mara said...

Well, it all looks very lovely in your old new home! And your cat cousins are adorable, especially Sochi!

My cat got into the fridge once at my parents' house and he got away with what looked like a carrot, but was in fact a large sausage! He was a clever one...

Fran said...

Love the cat in the fridge! Xxx

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Hello Lindy!!! My goodness you are full of the news today and wonderful it is too... liking the new 'look' at your place and oh my goodness, Sochi is such-a sukhi!!! A Maine Coon??? Bailey is looking cool on his stool.

Say thanks to mum for me, as she paid me a 'visit' today and it is good to hear things are settling down a bit. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm so glad you wrote this, Lindy. I've missed your mom.
I hope you are taking care of her. Once she gets her mojo back, you can help her create some poetry!

Your daddy's lamp matches ours. We have the exact same one! I love it.
I'm happy to see your ren-ohs. While it is tiring business doing them, and visiting, it's rewarding in the end! Cheers from Perth, ON>

Al said...

A cute post, lots of new stuff.

Tammy said...

So glad you've been busy with fun projects! And everything is beautiful.

magiceye said...

Heya Lindy! You sure are becoming a master blogger!!
Sochi and Bailey are cute too!!
True about the fridge *sigh*

Bozo

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love this post, Lindy...nice to hear from you. Tell your mom to rest and recover....we'll be here when she gets back. Tell her I think Sochi looks like a snow leopard - she is very beautiful. So are you, kiddo. Hey, Jas just turned nine......where did all those years go so fast?

Unknown said...

What a fun picture of bailey in the fridge. I hope it wasn't too cold. Lindy looks very sleepy.

Small Kucing said...

You Cat Cousin very pretty :)

Sami said...

What adorable cat cousins Lindy has, I'm sure she must be feeling a bit jealous...

Powell River Books said...

Looks like you are holding down the fort Lindy, and doing an admirable job of it. Say hi to Mom for me. - Margy

Anonymous said...

You've been busy! And everything looks so wonderful. What a beautiful home you've made for Lindy! Please show us more pictures along the way.

Kay said...

Oh my! Those cats have really beautiful faces. I'm glad Lindy is enjoying (getting used to) all the new ren-oh things. I love the stools.

Leslie said...

Lindy is a wonderful blogger. And I do hope you have rested up from your travels. Health issues have kept me away from my blog (a bit discouraged and uninspired this past month), but I'm checking in to say that I'm thinking of you!