Followers

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Lisa Graham's art in the Imaginary Garden

In the sunshine and warmth of The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, far from the icy reality of a central Canadian winter, Grace has introduced us to the art of Lisa Graham.
Garden members and visiting poets are given a choice of Lisa's work to inspire today's poetry. I have chosen two of them.


fleeting thoughts
run through my brain
and hardly stop to visit,
seldom stop to stay.

if I don’t grab them
in a poem,
offer them
a brand new home,
they flee
from me.
Art by Lisa Graham
offered as prompts

but if the blessing-bringer
brings ideas here to me,
they stay
and share my life,
keep me from thought of strife,
helping me to write
some poetry.

Kay Davies, February 8, 2014



15 comments:

Grace said...

Have to write those words down quickly Kay before they flee ~ They are blessings indeed ~

Thanks for linking up to Sunday's challenge ~ Happy weekend ~

Kerry O'Connor said...

I smiled to see how you wove both the paintings and their titles together in your poem, Kay.

Fireblossom said...

Perfect match to the art!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the "blessing-bringer" in your poem and need one to visit me, too! Lovely to read, my friend!

Unknown said...

YOu did a good job on combining the images I had a few that spoke to me also but couldn't put it together as you managed. Nicely done

Maude Lynn said...

I love where you took the prompt, Kay.

Lisa Graham said...

Hello Kay, I love your poem...it made me smile and smile and smile. Thank you!

Unknown said...

I really like the idea of a blessing bringer offering the ideas! I feel the same way if I don't write them down quickly, they are lost!

Other Mary said...

Lovely, lovely! I have just the same experience with thoughts Kay!

Susie Clevenger said...

My thoughts don't stay long either...thank goodness for poetry where I capture a few.. Great write!

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean, Kay; and I appreciate the artful way in which you say it.

Marian said...

smile and wink ;)

Margaret said...

The idea of offering poetry a home is great - if we don't get them out of our head, they might be lost! Perfect "tandeming" of images for this as well!

Anonymous said...

smiling from these, Kay :) ~

Leslie said...

i really relate to this one...