Followers

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'll be back

Yes, I promise I'll be back.
I just don't know when.
I'm in my home province, British Columbia, right now, having left my husband Dick, and our dog Lindy, to keep the home fires burning without me for a while.
I'm at my young brother's house. Our niece's husband is in the hospital in Vancouver, and I'm on standby here in the suburbs, in case I'm needed for errands or whatever.
It's the least an aunt can do.
Our niece, her husband, and their 5-year-old daughter have a cute little pug dog named Roxy. My sister-in-law picked Roxy up and brought her here to play with the big dog, Jasper, on Tuesday. Later, we went to pick up our grandniece from kindergarten. She was so happy to see Roxy sitting on Auntie Kay's lap when she got into the car!
Auntie Kay's jacket and slacks might have dog hair on them for a long time, but it's worth it because we had a lot of fun. My brother and sister-in-law have a 9-year-old and an 11-year-old. Our grandniece admires her "big cousins" a lot, and the three of them had a great time playing together.
Maybe we can do the same thing tomorrow.
And I'll be back blogging before you have a chance to miss me.
Kay



12 comments:

Leslie: said...

Email me Kay and if you have time, maybe we could meet for coffee or tea somewhere.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

You are such a gadabout! Have fun and enjoy the dogs and kiddies!

Mr Puddy said...

It's not true Kay !
I already miss you !!!
But I hope you have a great time there.
Hugs
xox

Puddy

Fran said...

You are such a lovely close family. I hope your nieces husband is on the road to recovery soon. Take care, we will miss you x

SquirrelQueen said...

I hope your niece's husband gets well soon. In the meantime it sounds like you are keeping very busy.

Gattina said...

so you are on family duties ! Hope that everything goes well !

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Best wishes and good luck to your nephew in his surgery. You are a good aunt! I have to tell you it scared me to death when your post popped up on my Google reader. It just shows the first few words of the post and it said "....I am in ...British Columbia right now, having left my husband" Boy I tell you I clicked over to your blogpost in a big hurry ;>)!!! (I didn't really ever doubt that the last part of the sentence would be something like what it actually is, but it did kind of strike me funny!) See ya when you get back!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I hope your niece's husband recovers quickly! :)
Madeleine Begun Kane

Unknown said...

The guinea pigs say hello and send a little virtual guinea pig hair for your trousers

Tammy said...

Sounds like you are surrounded by all sorts of sweet littluns. Enjoy your trip, Kay, and all the best to your niece and her husband!

diane b said...

Have fun with your family. See you when you come back.

Jenn Jilks said...

You're a good woman. Take care.