Followers

Monday, December 3, 2012

Our World Tuesday: life on board

Despite the foggy, cloudy weather,
my husband toured Kinderdijk again.
We had visited Kinderdijk on a previous
trip with Viking River Cruises.
Last month we enjoyed a 15-day cruise on the Rhine, Main, and Danube rivers, as well as the Rhine-Main-Danube canal, with Viking River Cruises.

We boarded our ship, the Viking Danube, in Amsterdam.

Here are a few photos my husband took on the first part of the trip.
Richard Schear photos



Our first port in Germany was Cologne.

Koblenz
I'm convinced there's a castle on
every hilltop in Germany.
Here we are at Marksburg.

I really wanted to see Miltenberg, with its wonderful half-timbered buildings, but I was confined to quarters to get some rest, and am delighted with Dick's photographs.
Cruising the Rhine. Although I didn't go ashore a lot, cruising the Rhine, the Main, and the Danube is a pretty nice way to spend a couple of weeks! Photos continue next week on OWT.

Posted for  Our World Tuesday

13 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a great trip/cruise, Kay! Thanks for sharing it with us! Some of my favorite places that i was fortunate enough to visit during the years I lived in Europe! Fun memories!! Hope your week is going well!

Anonymous said...

What a great cruise! I love the old European architecture.

Mara said...

I have never gone on a river cruise, but I have seen some of the cities and towns you passed through. I went to Cologne for a yule market last year and to Koblenz a couple of years ago in the summer. I think you will be passing a few more I have seen, so I will wait for the photos.

In the mean time, temperatures here have dropped to below zero and are expected to stay there for at least another week. But, with sunshine all day, it shouldn't be too bad at all!

TheChieftess said...

What a wonderful trip! I've heard about the river cruises and would love to go on one...we just finished a transatlantic cruise from Rome to Galveston Texas...with stops in Corsica, Spain, Canary Islands and Nassau in the Bahamas!

Fun60 said...

You travelled through some very picturesque towns. How wonderful and such a relaxing way to do it.

Unknown said...

Great tour Kay!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Linda said...

How lovely to share that great trip with us.

Grace said...

Lovely pictures Kay ~ I wish I can spend some days on the cruise ~

Enjoy your travels ~

Daryl said...

great photos ..

RedPat said...

I've always wanted to do one of those river cruises.

Lighthousegal said...

Beautiful photos. Looks like you saw some amazing sights while cruising along. Sounds like a great way to spend a couple of weeks to me.

Joyful said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

dianasfaria.com said...

wow! how beautiful! I wish I was doing my Christmas shopping in the square with the clock tower.
I do hope you are feeling alright Kay.
: )