Followers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday's Photo Hunting: "vintage" this week

Here are two views of my favorite piece of furniture. I fell in love with this desk when I was 14 years old. I didn't ask my dad to buy it for me, I just told him to get Mom to bring me sandwiches every day because I'd have to stay there, in the store, because I couldn't bear to be parted from it.
It has been with me ever since and is now 136 years old.



*
I inherited intricate pieces of needlework done by my grandmother and her older sisters.
*

Posted for our friend Gattina's weekend meme Saturday Photo Hunting. The theme this week is "vintage".
*

The baby in the photo below is my MacKenzie grandfather. He only had two sisters and the younger one, with fair hair in the back with Great-Grandpa, died in her teens. His other sister (right) lived to a good age.




12 comments:

Fran said...

You obviously had good taste even as a child. That photo is a lovely keepsake and their dresses are wonderful xxx

YTSL said...

Wow re your story about the desk. Am glad your love for that desk has lasted all these years. :)

Jo said...

Omw Kay, what beautifully nostalgic memories. (I love the first one about the desk!) I love this meme and hope to join it soon. Have a great weekend. Jo xxx

Joyful said...

How nice to have this history :-)

Gattina said...

These are very nice vintages ! You know what I found out that all these old family pictures look the same, in wester countries even the clothes. I have one like this of my grandparents with my mother and sister as children ! and some other family pictures too.

Annie said...

I'm so glad you ended up getting the beautiful desk. The vintage needle work is so nice too.

Happy weekend!

forgetmenot said...

Some lovely "vintage" items. The old photograph is great. Have a nice weekend. Mickie :)

Cezar and Léia said...

The family portrait is great!
God bless you!
Cezar

Penelope Notes said...

Love the old black and white photo, Kay. The people in it are a touch haunting. I can SO see you and your youngest brother in some of those faces!

Jama said...

You found some very nice vintage here!

Dimple said...

I love old family photos like this, Kay. I have a digital copy of one, made in the late 1800's, of my grandfather with his parents and siblings. And Gattina is right: they all look similar!

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

Love the story of the desk! And the family pictures and memories are perfect.